Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Technique Boutique: Make Your own B&T

Everyone has a different style in scrapbooking, which is what makes our artwork so unique.  I love to use my solid cardstock, but when I finish the page, I feel like I have to fill the "blank" spots.  If I don't, I feel like there is a lot of empty space.  I'm starting to get past it, but not quite there yet.  I've got a goal this year to start using stamp sets in my drawer that I've never used.  Today I chose our Universal Background stamp set.  



If you've never stamped before, follow my tutorial to learn How To Stamp Artwork-Part 4 of 4. I used our La Belle Vie paper pack and started with Smokey Pum as my base page.  With my Universal Backround stamp pictured above, I stamped the entire page.  With our clear stamps, it makes it so easy to line up and see where you need to stamp next.  What's nice about making your own B&T (background & texture) papers, even if something doesn't stamp perfect...it's a background, not your main focus to your page.  Leave any imperfections there...that's what makes it unique, not manufactured!


I love the difference it made to my page!








I hope this gives you some ideas of how you can make your own B&T paper to give the extra touch you're looking for.  

Thanks for stopping by...AND Happy Stamping!
Jane


2 comments:

  1. This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something which helped me.
    Kudos!
    Here is my blog post - click the up coming site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me ages to get used to 'white space' lol I kind of like it now :)

    Very pretty layout!

    Now following your blog and look forward to future posts

    xx

    ReplyDelete